Sunday, January 20, 2013

You'll be in my heart!

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, but I have seen a few cards that I just couldn't resist putting my own spin on! Here is the Original card I saw, and here is my version. 

 I used paperbag brown card sotck for the actual card, embossed with Stampin'Up Starburst embossing folder. I cut strips 1 5/8 wide out of Valentine paper I picked up on sale at Michaels. I used the Stampin'Up Full Heart punch to punch a heart out of each strip. Then I left a space in between them when gluing them down, and I used a dimensional to pop up the actual hearts. I added a pearl to the center of each heart. The stamp is from the Singles special that Stampin'Up ran at the end of the 2012. (They are getting ready to run more of those! I love when they do that because you can by the stamps you like instead of the entire set! It's a great deal!!) I also stamped Happy Valentine's Day on the inside! I used Stampin'Up Chocolate Chip Ink for both! Super cute and easy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment