Saturday, December 22, 2012

Peppermint bark!

Every year I make Peppermint bark, my children look forward to it all year long! My recipe is extremely simple and delicious! Here's how it goes...

First, I buy 3- $1 bags of peppermints from Walmart and chuck them into the food processor till they're finely chopped! Set that to the side, we'll get back to it later! Next, I melt one brick of chocolate almond bark, in a GLASS bowl, for 2 minutes in the microwave, string every 30 seconds.
 Next I line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and pour in my melted chocolate. Once it's spread out and even, I stick it in the fridge, make sure it's sitting flat and wait 30 minutes.
 Once it's set I repeat the steps above with a brick of white chocolate bark, but before I stick it in the fridge I top it with the crushed peppermint. Press the bits in, very gently, just so the chocolate latches on. Then repeat the chilling step.

Once it's all set, I take it out, using the foil, so it stays in one large sheet of bark. I break it, into small chunks, with a pizza cutter and I place it in a pretty jar on the counter! 




It disappears quickly, but it's great while it last!! Total cost for this is just under $9, but it makes a TON!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment