Friday, January 11, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The Very Hungry Caterpillar was one of my children's favorite books when they were little! I cannot count the times that I read it to them! Now when someone close to us has a baby I put a copy of the book in their shower gift, just to pass along something special! Tonight I came across a card on Pinterest, yes, I'm ALWAYS on Pinterest, that made me thing of those times I read that book to my sweet babies! Here is a link to the original inspiration! So, tonight I made a card inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and my children LOVED it!! I think I will be doing this one at my nest workshop!! Anyone who would like to come please feel free to email me!! Raisingbassbrats@aol.com
Card is made of Stampin' Up Gumball Green. I embossed a sheet of Whisper White with a leaf folder and sponged it with Crumb Cake, all Stampin' Up. I used the Stampin' Up 1 3/8 Circle punch and the Polka Dot Parade paper to make the caterpillar. I used a standard hole punch to dots and I free handed the antennas, then I added some google eyes! You can never go wrong with google eyes!! Then I just free handed his smile. I added the stamp in the top corner, in Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Up ink, from the Sprinkled Expressions Stampin' Up set! I think he turned out pretty cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment